Cobalt 1 help: What to do if your battery is dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There may be- the issue had always been the fact that we included a built in thermistor that has to be connected for the Cobalt to recognize the battery.

A customer pointed out this battery to us- it has the same thermistor we use in the Cobalt and easily fits in the Cobalt case. We have tested it here and so far it looks like a good replacement- not precisely identical, but close enough in capacity that the battery fuel gauge still works properly.

The only trick would be to solder the battery leads onto the connector used in the Cobalt- a very easy soldering job. The battery thermistor connector in the Cobalt is the blue wire, and as per convention, the red wires are positive and the black ground, matching this battery. So the yellow wire on the battery would attach to the blue Cobalt position. As this battery is used in Logitech mice, it should be available, probably from a variety of sources worldwide.

Here is a link from Amazon:
Hope this helps some of you with battery issues.

Ron
Can you please supply this link again, perhaps in plain text? I thought I ordered the correct battery, but it is too thick for the Cobalt battery compartment, by about 3mm. Thanks.

Can you please supply this link again, perhaps in plain text? I thought I ordered the correct battery, but it is too thick for the Cobalt battery compartment, by about 3mm. Thanks.
It looks as if the link may have broken or been changed. Here is a description to search for:

EDIT- We're revising this reference to another battery available from Amazon that does fit into the Cobalt's case. If you can soldier on the connector that comes with the original Cobalt battery this should be a good replacement.

WRUMI 2500mah 533-000132 for Logitech Battery G933, G933S, G533, G533S, G935 Headset Battery​

Yes, that is what I purchased. The 10mm thickness is too think for the battery compartment to close. I note the drawing says the thickness is 5mm, but the written specs say 10mm, and it measures 10mm.
Oh, well. Thanks anyway.

Yes, that is what I purchased. The 10mm thickness is too think for the battery compartment to close. I note the drawing says the thickness is 5mm, but the written specs say 10mm, and it measures 10mm.
Oh, well. Thanks anyway.
You're right- the description is now wrong, the table is correct, and 10mm will be too thick. The original battery is only about 7.5 mm thick. We will look for a readily available alternative. In the meantime, if you need a battery message me here and I'll get one to you.

Ron

I just wanted to say thanks again to Ron. You and your wife were a great help and were so gracious with your time. When you have a new product, I'll be first in line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom