Coast Guard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaboy35

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey, just wondering if anybody out there is in the USCG and if so how they like it. I'm thinking of joining and just wondering what advice people may have or some insight into the job. Thanks

I was both active duty and reserve. Of all of the armed forces this was my first choice (I am 3rd generation Coastie). I've worked at small boats station, on Cutters and at a Port Security Unit where I deployed overseas multiple times.

The nice thing about the Coast Guard is a lot of times you don't work within your rate. For instance you maybe a cook or a engineer's mate but you are also able to be on either Boat Crews or Boarding Teams.

The Coast Guard got me into Law Enforcement where I have been for the last 20 years.

Hope this helps. PM me for more

Brian

I'm in the auxiliary and I can tell you that from working with the boys who are active they love it!! The Coast Guard seems to be very good to their recruits!

Back
Top Bottom