Clx 450 vs tls 350 dui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OHIO DIVERS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking to replace my ten years old viking x-treme dry suit.
I been hearing good things about dui's dry suits.
I will be doing mostly wreck diving in the great lakes and some ice diving.
I also need some feedback on dui's quick-zipper design vs the classic zipper.

Elan,
is that the only different?

I have owned both a TLS 350, a CLX 450, and a CF200. It depends on your pocketbook.

stock sizing suits

CF200 - $2,698: Will last the longest I sold my 12 year old suit for $600, really heavy and takes ages to dry but it was the warmest of all my DUI suits

CLX 450 - $2,438: too stiff for me, never gave it a chance to get broken in. If abrasion resistance is what you want get the CF200 suit for the difference in the $$

TLS350 - $2,198: I own one now and I have onwed 3 different ones. I have gained and lost weight over the years so I have had to get different suits. I am happy with mine now and I try not to snag my suits when I dive.

Jim

You will have to relocate the dump valve on CF200, it is placed closer to the inside

After a few years diving the great lakes, i have seen five to one trilaminate drysuits vs neoprene. Why?

My wild guess would be due to negative properties of neoprene suits. Their buoyancy and termal caracteristics change with depth unlike trilams.

trilams provide no insulation so you always rely on the undergarment, and they do not compress with depth.

Which of these suits would be more cut resistance?

Which of these suits would be more cut resistance?

I was snared in fishing line where the hook had to be pulled out of my leg. My dive buddy pulled it out, but I remember the fisherman tugging on the line as he thought he had caught a big fish.

I came out a little scared from the ordeal since he was tugging me up to the surface but the suit remained puncture proof. :D

I was impressed with My CLX 450... I also have the crushed neoprene knees and that's where I believe it went into.

Back
Top Bottom