CLX-450 Seam Unraveled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccohn2000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a CLX450 drysuit made of Cordura with the neoprene kneepads. The neoprene is sewn to a Cordura patch that is then sewn onto the leg of the suit. The stitching on the outside of the leg right below my pocket and extending almost all the way down my leg has unraveled. Is there a way to fix that with glue? Neoprene cement has been suggested, but I don't know if that will successfully bond with the Cordura. None of the drysuit repair shops around here (No. Ca.) have a machine that can sew it back, as the stitching does not penetrate the layer below. I'd rather fix it myself than it send to DUI, as I dive every weekend and I don't want to be without it. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your inquiry!

My first recommendation would be to send the suit back to us. This will ensure your warranty remains intact (if the suit was born within 7 years).

If you would like to try to repair the suit on your own, please contact our repair department directly.

Thanks again!

Jessica
DUI

Back
Top Bottom