Club Med Cancun + Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lila

Registered
Reaction score
I just booked a last minute vacation to Club Med Cancun next week. I know they use an offsite dive shop. Does anyone know anything about it, or recommend an alternative shop? I'm not sure how the excusions will work, but if I have a choice, which dive sites should I try to get to in the area?

I appreciate any recommendations and thoughts!

I contacted Club Med and have been advised that the company is Planet Scuba International. Any thoughts?

It seems like a 2 tank dive on their website is $45, but a 3 day, 6 dive package with club med is $190. I wonder if there is a difference or reason for markup....

Club Med is the first hotel on the strip (next to my timeshare Club Regina).
Be sure to bring gear for snorkelling, because right at Club Med is the start of the second largest reef in the world, Punta Nizuc. As for diving, Scuba Cabcun and Manta Divers are Ok.
2 tank dives for $45 is a bargain.

Yes it makes me wonder. I just emailed them, so I shall see. In the meantime, I will check out the shops you recommended. Thanks a lot - and also for the snorkel tip.

btw:
Welcome to SB lila

I just wanted to post a follow-up here. I can't recommend diving through Club Med Cancun and Scuba World International, although I didn't even get in the water with them. SWI is the exclusive dive shop to CM.

I don't know whether to blame the dive shop, or Club Med, but I had made arrangements to dive with the shop, Scuba World International, and they cancelled the trip the night before due to low signup (despite pressuring me that the trip would fill up earlier in the week). I was never notified of the cancellation, and both the dive shop AND Club Med claimed it was not their responsibility to notify me. They did not apologize, and I wasted a morning of my vacation trying to work out what happened and getting up early and preparing for a trip that didn't happen. They offered me very limited assistance in finding another shop and nothing, not even an apology for my troubles. It was a real disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom