Clover Point video.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarkH

Contributor
Reaction score
I had my video camera set up for close-up stuff and once again I wish I had the wide-angle lens. There were huge schools of yellowtail and black (don't see big groups of them around too often) rockfish. Picture a cabezon perched on top of a life-covered boulder (including a bright red fish-eating anemone) with a school of rockfish swimming in the kelp forest above it and rays of sun shining down through it all. Then picture this every few feet (with a few species interchanged here and there). There were also the usual plains of eelgrass (covered in brooding anemones) and sea pens (they're getting bigger and bigger here lately) again with the bull kelp forest and rockfish schools in the background. My image-composing brainwashed mind was rebelling against doing only close-ups, but life isn't fair. http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k197/markhiebert/?action=view&current=CloverPointSept7.flv

swankenstein:
I had my video camera set up for close-up stuff and once again I wish I had the wide-angle lens. There were huge schools of yellowtail and black (don't see big groups of them around too often) rockfish. [/URL]

I wonder what attract all those huge schools of fish to Clover PT:wink:

UW photography Rule #1 - you always have the wrong lens

Mark have dive Albert Head recently. I just dove there Monday during the long Week end. I was amaze with the amount of life there. By the way great video,we should get together for a dive when I get back from sea

Les:
what was that in the very last 15 sec of the video?? cool fotage. lots of nudis!
That was a moonsnail. The mantle covers over the shell for some reason. Usually at other dive sites I only see their egg casings or empty shells (softball-sized), but here I always see at least one crawling around. Another neat thing here is that with all the empty moonsnail shells, the hermit crabs can be huge.

By boat but I dove the same wall that we usualy dive from a shore,But for some reason it was a lot more life then usual. When I come back we ll go mif you want.

Back
Top Bottom