Closed Circuit Rebreather Seminar & Demo Day!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Closed Circuit Rebreather Seminar & Demo Day!
Come join us as we explore the world of SILENT DIVING!

As the only Ambient Pressure Diving Closed Circuit Rebreather Dealer in the Metro-Milwaukee area, the Underwater Connection is hosting a Closed Circuit Rebreather Seminer & Demo Day in the pool! We will start with an informative seminar by the renowned rebreather expert, Ron Benson. Ron will be covering the pros & cons of a CCR, how they work, the different models out there, and of course try to answer any questions you may have! Then we will take a dinner break, and head to the pool to dive with the Closed Circuit Rebreathers!

We plan on having up to 6 closed circuit rebreathers available for this seminar including the Inspiration, Evolution, Megalodon, and KISS rebreathers! This is a great opportunity to learn about this cutting-edge technology!

When: January 12th
Classroom: 11AM - 3PM
Pool Dives: 5pm to 8pm

Where: Underwater Connection - Menomonee Falls
Cost: $60 per person

SPACE IS VERY, VERY LIMITED...call to reserve your spot today!!!!
Please bring your C-card (any level), mask, fins, swimsuit, & towel!

262-251-8283
Underwater Connection PADI Instructor Development Center (Milwaukee Wisconsin Scuba Diving Certification Lessons & Classes) Online Scuba Class, Scuba Podcasts

Go Quietly amid the Noise and Haste...

I have a question about this. Would you PM me please?

sound like a lot of fun

I highly recommend try outs like this! It helps so much to get more familiar with the options. going to such a try out was one of the first things I did when i first got interested in rebreathers.

I also recommend them. I did actually three of them:

The first was with Wayne Miller at his store in Riverside (closed years ago) on an Inspiration. It was a good experience, and I also got to look at two of his other units, a MK15.5 and the rare UT240. Had I known what I know now I would have tried those two, either instead or also. :wink: This was just Wayne and myself, and lasted about 3 1/2 hours.

The second one was with a group of people in Long Beach, held by Pete and Shas ('Shas' here at SB) Readey. I tried the PRISM Topaz and a MK16. Great experience, getting a chance to try one of the rare civilian MK16, as well as the Topaz. My two favorites for their well thought out architecture, extremely capable scrubbers and simple, transparent electronics.

The third one was was with Rusty Berry ('voodoogas' here at SB) from SSA Montclair. He holds them a couple of times a year and invited me even though he knew I already decided on the PRISM. Again a group of people, I did a few minutes on the Inspo and then passed it on to the next guy. Spend most of the pool time on a Dolphin with the EA cartridge. These days he also is a dealer for Jetsam, actually I bought my Sport Kiss at his shop.

No matter if you do a one on one with an instructor, or go to a group event, try one or several units, a well organized RB Intro is well worth the time and money. Try to be around for the units being prepped for diving, it helps get an idea what is involved.

I wrote a little article about my experience which is on RBW.
I'd do it again on any unit I haven't tried yet, as well as any MK series CCR.
It's fun, and you'll learn something new every time.

For this intro you'll be in good hands, Ron is a very experienced instructor, and has done quite a lot traveling with rebreathers to some awesome locations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom