Close-up Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Viz was a little off today so I concentrated on macro and supermacro mode. I found a critter that I have not seen at the jetties before - an arrow crab. Not only did I find one, I found a second! It pays to peek in the rocks once in a while :D.

825arrowside.jpg

825arrowfeed.jpg

825hc.jpg

825sp.jpg

825rb.jpg

825anem.jpg

alcina:
...Those arrow crabs are tough guys to get a nice shot of - they just aren't particularly photogenic!...
It's like taking a picture of a thread floating in water. Not a lot for the camera to focus on. The shape of the crab puts something out of focus even if you get something in focus. I like the blue claws on these things - other than that, they remind me of daddy longlegger spiders.

Excellent light control and detail! And to think you are using a less than $200 non TTL strobe! You have just prove that it is not all about the equipment but more likely the skill of the photographer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom