Close-up and wide-angle lenses for Canon G9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. I'm definitely getting the wide angle and I'm thinking on the close up. We'll see how much I can get my self to spend.

You might as well just have your local dive shop and photo shop keep your credit card on file, because with this hobby we have chosen, we can blow through some cash!!

Don't even get me started on that subject, because within the last year, I've purchase a closed-circuit rebreather and all the accessories that go along with that, a fully loaded VR3 computer, all my underwater photography gear, etc., and that doesn't include what I spend on my regular diving, because I dive practically every weekend. If I actually sat down and added up the total amount I've spend in the last year, you'd have to double it to include the cost of the medical bills for the heart attack I'd have!!

But who am I kidding, I'd do it all over again in a heart beat!!!

Whoa, whoa Nellie, the pictures taken by SFLDiver are taken using a rig similar to mine using the Inon wet mount 165AD FE. This lens CANNOT be adapted to any G9 configuration to my knowledge. You may be able to adapt the Inon 67MM screw on lens with dome adapter to achieve similar results with the Ike housing and the "short" port. I investigated this and decided the 570IS was more capable for wide angle shooting at a much reduced TOTAL price.

DSCF0156.jpg

Before you get the G9 and find yourself limited to macro and snap shots better do some research yourself, love the G9, just cannot put any lenses on it :( . The scew on Inon set up is close to 600 dollars alone to do what the 165AD FE does at about half that price.

IMG_0535.jpg

Viz about 30 with lots of stuff in the water, my lens is very close to the rusted steel, my wife is about 6 feet away.

N

Yes, get a wide angle lens. It is very helpful. I wish the Inon bayonet mount lenses worked with the Ikelite case. I would upgrade to the G9 then.

That's why I went with the Patima Housing, because it gives me the ability to attach all Inon lenses to the housing, without having to use a bayonet mount. Unfortunately, the Patima Housing is so expensive, that it is beyond the price point most would like to spend on a housing.

Whoa, whoa Nellie, the pictures taken by SFLDiver are taken using a rig similar to mine using the Inon wet mount 165AD FE. This lens CANNOT be adapted to any G9 configuration to my knowledge. You may be able to adapt the Inon 67MM screw on lens with dome adapter to achieve similar results with the Ike housing and the "short" port. I investigated this and decided the 570IS was more capable for wide angle shooting at a much reduced TOTAL price.

DSCF0156.jpg

Before you get the G9 and find yourself limited to macro and snap shots better do some research yourself, love the G9, just cannot put any lenses on it :( . The scew on Inon set up is close to 600 dollars alone to do what the 165AD FE does at about half that price.

IMG_0535.jpg

Viz about 30 with lots of stuff in the water, my lens is very close to the rusted steel, my wife is about 6 feet away.

N

That's right, even with the Patima Housing, the "AD" mount lenses do not work. However, you can get the 67mm threaded lenses and they do work, which is what I did. However, I still have not gotten the 67mm threaded fisheye lens, but I plan to; unfortunately, it will cost me approximately $700+, because I need to buy another UWL-100 and also buy the dome adapter for it.

But you are correct in advising that someone do their homework before purchasing any camera, to be absolutely sure what accessories will be available for the setup.

Sorry, edit to see that you answered my question and the OPs --thank you.

N

Back
Top Bottom