Clearest part of travis...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBARACER

Reaction score
anyone know the clearest part of Travis to dive?

I'm not so much looking for depth or even anything much to see, just clarity.

Devils Cove (or Hollow, depends on which map you see), is where everyone goes to party, lots of boats, not a safe place to dive when the boats are in there. I usually dive it during the week when no one is out there, provided I have a boat to get there. I have seen really good vis there in the past, lots of beer cans to clean up every time I'm there.
Here is a map I found on the www.deepbluescuba.com website of lower lake travis and some dive sites, see the attachment or go to there site for more information.

I dive on the boat every weekend. It's my backyard playground, but we've had good vis lately. The lake's turning fast, so the vis will also. Deep Blue Scuba. But you have your scuba machine now, so our pontoon boat might not have enough umph for you.
You're always welcome. I would like to dive with you and your wife.

Usually the clearest part of Lake Travis is around Starnes Island and is IMHO the best diving on Lake Travis. The island is in the lake between Lake Travis Lodges and Volente Beach. You need a boat to get there.

downunderjenn:
I dive on the boat every weekend. It's my backyard playground, but we've had good vis lately. The lake's turning fast, so the vis will also. Deep Blue Scuba. But you have your scuba machine now, so our pontoon boat might not have enough umph for you.
You're always welcome. I would like to dive with you and your wife.

When did you get on here?

I didn't know you were on here yet.. and I'm not married YET. :)

My SCUBA machine didn't work out for me, so instead it's been replaced with a Baja 33" Outlaw Cigar boat. :)

But I will take you up on your offer on that pontoon boat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom