Clear Springs Lake report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This is probably going to be a little choppy, but I'm tired.

Saturday dawned cool but little breeze. All of my students got there early (that was a first) and we were able to get rolling within a decent amount of time. The first dive was right at 20 min with me leading a tour from the Adventure Scuba platform to cisco, back to the platform, to the neighboring platform, back to ours, then to our dock. Never missed an objective. Constant temp from top to 23 feet of 61*F. Vis ranging 15-20 feet.

Dive two after lunch stretched things out to 25 min in the same conditions. I actually noticed a slight thermal trying to develop. Air temp in the low 70's bright sunny day. Great day for diving (even if it was cold).

Dive three was 30 min. I brutalized my ears doing the CESA 8 times. Getting out my calves were cold enough they stiffened up on me pretty good.

Kory, Rhonda, Tom (illinifan), and Thomas(Firefyter) all did some diving together.

Kory and Rhonda camped out with me and fed me a nice dinner of burgers. I also got my own personal container of brownies.

Sunday dawned cloudy with a 15-25mph cold south wind. The air temp was warmer than Sat, but the wind chill made it tough. I has two students who really wanted to do a fun dive after dive 4 but the wind chill took that out.

Dive 4 on sunday the vis had dropped to about 10 feet or so, but the water temp was showing 64*F at 23 feet. The thermal was still trying to develop. The temp did get signifcantly colder at 30 feet. We ended up with a 32 min dive and 5 newly certified divers. 4 of whom were Boy Scouts headed to Sea Base in June.

Kory and Rhonda made a dive on their own on Sunday. Kory and I talked Rhonda out of another dive on Sunday partly due to it being still a little chilly from the wind, and I was finally getting warm and a little hungry.

TwoBit

Nice report there Tom!!

Actually Timeliner and I were at the pond on Sunday and can agree to the very chilly condition and clouds in the morning till a bit after noon. We stopped by your camp site but everyone was in the water, so we headed to the other end to do our one and only dive. Sorry we missed everyone.

We dove from the floating dock near the plane....toured the plane and headed towards the area of the coffin and cross the the opposite side. Along the wall we dove till coming upon the solo's drain pipe...followed it down to the silo and then across to the other side....along the way we saw a number of fish and only 2 other divers heading back to the ST's compound.

I had planned it to be a wee bit warmer both outside and in the water....so I opted to go with a wet suit instead of my dry suit... brrrrrr! Both Frank and I were chilly after getting out and once we had dried and got into warm cloths we got lazy in the afternoon sun and just visited the afternoon away...hey it was Sunday!

Dive: 64min. 52ffw (avg. 30ffw) 56F bottom and 61F surface good vis.

:wink:

Thanks for the reports guys! I have to dive vicariously right now. I'm sitting in the rocker in my drysuit feeding the baby boy.

Wow, your own personal container of brownies. That's when you know you've really made it.

It was a good day... No warmth in the morning but lots of afternoon Sun.

Yea-Sir... My neck is Red once again :D

Your own.. .. .. Personal .. .. ..Brownies .. .. .. .. ..

Isn't that a Depeche Mode song ?

Back
Top Bottom