Cleaning the Marmora Dam site on August 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ontario Diver once bubbled...
Will I have to clean up my room next?

You have to clean mine first! I don't do house work!!! :wink:

Spoke to an OPP officer while in the line up getting my coffee this morning. I asked him if supplying shore patrol for an event like this is something that they would consider doing and he said it sounded good. He knew some of the divers who dive at Marmora. We will see what the council thinks and then approach whichever group we agree on.

weight_for_me once bubbled...
Imagine that...seeing a cop in line for coffee....that wouldn't have been at Timmies would it?
Randy...

Actually Randy he was at the pick up window. Granted come to think of it the place did have alot of cruisers in the parking lot. Today is send a child to camp day or something like that. And yes it was Timmies. I think he had his bullet proof vest on to. You know it was in Tweed. :D

.....perhaps someone can answer this.....Who has jurisdiction over the waterway.......I am dam sure it isn't the municipality.....I was under the the impression that water falls under the provincial guidelines.......

Yes....???? No.....???

:confused:

I think there is a certain distance from the shore line that considered part of the town (I could be wrong about this) but for the most part the water is provinical.

OK...spoke to a town councillor last night, as well as the press. We'll get full support as far as trash removal, perhaps even some bbq'd dogs and full press coverage for sure. There is a lot of stuff below the Hwy 7 bridge too that needs removal (bikes, etc) and so I said thats no problem. I'll check with MNR and MOE (in writing of course) and see if there are any obstacles there. But I suspect it shouldn't be a problem. I'd also like to see some fish habitat improvement done like we did last year at the Little Lake cleanup.
Randy...

selling all of the fishing lures we retrieve!

maybe get Molsons or Labatts to sponsor since we'll be recovering a signifiacant amout of detrius from thier fine product lines!

Back
Top Bottom