Classified listing removed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Posted today. Was a SUUNTO Cobra 3. I still see it under "Your Profile" with a line through the title but is not listed under "Your Content". Thanks.

Was it approved or waiting approval?

I'm only guessing, but all your posts in the last year have been selling stuff, and almost all your posts period are selling stuff. That may violate the new classified posting policy that sales are for SB participants, and just selling is not being a participant. Just guessing.

Was it approved or waiting approval?
It was awaiting.

I'm only guessing, but all your posts in the last year have been selling stuff, and almost all your posts period are selling stuff. That may violate the new classified posting policy that sales are for SB participants, and just selling is not being a participant. Just guessing.
Possibly. I don't feel like I have anything to offer that someone else hasn't already covered. Not a lot happening in the midwest. I am not an expert in anything.

I have a listing not approved currently as well for some apeks regs. I participate some, but I have definitely sold quite a few things on here. I try to price things pretty low for them to sell quickly. Definitely not running a business or profiting at all. I have been a Scubaboard Supporter the past two years (I haven’t been flipped back to red yet) because I definitely appreciate this resource. It would be nice to know quantitatively what is acceptable and also what specifically defines “participation”. I am assuming it’s just staff/mod discretion. If that’s the case I can eventually take a hint. Lastly, I do appreciate all of the recent efforts to cut back on scammers!

I have a listing not approved currently as well for some apeks regs. I participate some, but I have definitely sold quite a few things on here. I try to price things pretty low for them to sell quickly. Definitely not running a business or profiting at all. I have been a Scubaboard Supporter the past two years (I haven’t been flipped back to red yet) because I definitely appreciate this resource. It would be nice to know quantitatively what is acceptable and also what specifically defines “participation”. I am assuming it’s just staff/mod discretion. If that’s the case I can eventually take a hint. Lastly, I do appreciate all of the recent efforts to cut back on scammers!
I hear ya. I don't have anything special to sell. Just trying to price things right, definitely not trying to make a profit. I'm okay with extra steps if they are trying to filter out scammers.

Hello. We have recently added a security feature: all new Classified threads go into a queue for moderator approval before going live. Today, this is true for all new threads int he Classified sections, regardless of who posted them. While your thread is in the queue, it will look like a deleted thread from your point of view. In this case, your thread took us a few hours to get to, and then it was approved.

Once your account meets certain criteria, and you opt into Classified access, you will be able to use the Classified section, even if you don't participate much on the regular board. We currently don't have a special enforcement here for accounts that primarily post in the Classified sections, along the lines of what @tursiops guessed above. It's not a bad guess though, it's been discussed, and if it starts to look like the best tool for the job some day, perhaps we'll try it.

Cheers

and you opt into Classified access,
This is the real biggie! You must opt into the Classifieds Forum.
Click on your name near the upper right of the page​
Click on Preferences​
Scroll about a third way down to "Opt in Forums"​
Make sure the box by "Access to Marketplace" is selected.​

Back
Top Bottom