Class Offerings--1st 2 weeks of October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAndDreams

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am planning on offering my Advanced Recreational Diver (ARD) Cluster and/or Technical courses the first 2 weeks of October (I am taking leave from my real job..and my in-laws are coming into town :)) For those that do not know, I am located on the island of Oahu.

Going to throw this out there to see if there is any interest for the timeframe of October 1st - 14th.

Advanced Recreational Diver: 6 dives (2 days), 3 nights of Academics.

Upon successful completion you receive:

• NAUI Advanced Scuba Diver
  • PADI Advanced Open Water
  • PADI Nitrox

I tend to make the A in AOW really mean advanced. You can download the course info package here http://scubaanddreams.com/classes.html Just ask my current students, I think they were ready to throw stuff at me last night after I said "Hey it's easy math" :)

Special Scuba Board Price: $269.00

Intro to Tech: 2 days

This course is designed to give the open water or advanced diver an opportunity to improve their skills, knowledge and equipment configuration, thereby increasing their safety and efficiency. The Course is also intended to prepare the advanced diver for the rigors of technical diver training.

Special Scuba Board Price: $225.00

Technical Diver (7-8 days)

You can download the course info package here http://scubaanddreams.com/classes.html

Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive the following certifications:

• NAUI Technical Nitrox
  • NAUI Decompression Procedures
  • NAUI Helitrox
Special Scuba Board Price: $525.00

Technical Wreck Penetration Diver (3-4 days):

This class takes you beyond the recreational level wreck classes and teaches you how to penetrate wrecks beyond the natural light zone and/or the 130ft linear distance limit.

Special Scuba Board Price: $375.00

Again I will most likely be free for 2 weeks straight at the beginning of October, so if there is any interest PM me here or send me an e-mail at instructor@scubaanddreams.com I require a minimum of 2 students per class, and have a maximum of 3 students per class.

Mahalo,

Sherman

Scuba and Dream:
I tend to make the A in AOW really mean advanced. You can download the course info package here http://scubaanddreams.com/classes.html Just ask my current students, I think they were ready to throw stuff at me last night after I said "Hey it's easy math" :)

Yea easy math, we were calling it "Sherman Math". Just a few tips for future students: Leave your brand new $650.00 D6 at home, just bring a $20.00 Timex, a good depth gauge, and your RPD and EAD table, oh did I mention your math skills!! :rofl3:

Seriously this was an awesome class, yes we were challenged but what good is a class that you don't actually learn anything. My SDI Basic Open Course did not require the use of the RDP, now I see the error in my ways of totally trusting my dive computer.

I thought I had good trim and buoyancy control; well I actually do, until I started to do S-drills. Picture Sherman on the bottom waving Bye-Bye to you as you slowly drift upward with your buddy’s reg in your mouth. :shakehead:

The video review was really cool. There were things I thought I did perfectly until seeing it on video. Man I worked so long on my frog kick thinking I had it down pat! Well back to the drawing board!!

It was three long nights of class and two very, very long days in the water but I have no regrets (now that its over) about taking these classes. I would recommend them to anyone who wants to improve there skills.

Thanks a million Sherm!

Ed

Hey Sherman, is the intro to tech kinda like DIR-F?

I'm off the first two weeks of October as well ... but just volunteered to keep an eye on my neighbor's kids for them ... almost perfect timing :wink: (I'm not in a hurry, and a move to Oahu is a possibility for me in the next year or two ... be nice to have a team to dive with :wink: )

Aloha, Tim

Hey Sherman, is the intro to tech kinda like DIR-F?

I'm off the first two weeks of October as well ... but just volunteered to keep an eye on my neighbor's kids for them ... almost perfect timing :wink: (I'm not in a hurry, and a move to Oahu is a possibility for me in the next year or two ... be nice to have a team to dive with :wink: )

Aloha, Tim

Yes. As a matter of fact...AG is/was a big thrust behind the whole NAUI Intro to Tech thing..if you are familiar with all the politics behind that can of worms (not to open it again).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom