Clambake, Divingtigger, and Doug Ward of SB dive Tortugas Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PlayaCountryBoy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Playa del Carmen, Mexico-Meso American Reef
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Join me along with Clambake, Divingtigger, Doug Ward, all of SB and a couple other friends of mine, as we check out the feeding and social habits of the Hawksbill turtles of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. We dove Tortugas Reef and Barracuda Reef. Enjoy! :popcorn:

Great stuff as usual! Did Santa bring new video gear? Something looks different.

Hey, I think I swam by that crab's "house" (at 2:00 in the video) when we dove there in December!

PB305455120407_1.jpg

Well, there are few things in life that live up to the great expectations we place on them . . . and fewer things that exceed those expectations. After watching your scores of videos, my expectations were indeed lofty . . . but the reality of diving Tortougas reef and going eye to eye with close to a dozen sea turtles FAR EXCEEDED my expectations!!:D

Thank you for guiding us on a memorable expedition!!

Detailed trip report to follow.

Looking forward to returning to dive with Jason again in March, and to bringing along supporters of the National Marine Life Center to dive Tortougas with Jason for the 2009 Sea Turtle Expedition!!

- Rob

Well, there are few things in life that live up to the great expectations we place on them . . . and fewer things that exceed those expectations. After watching your scores of videos, my expectations were indeed lofty . . . but the reality of diving Tortougas reef and going eye to eye with close to a dozen sea turtles FAR EXCEEDED my expectations!!:D

Thank you for guiding us on a memorable expedition!!

Detailed trip report to follow.

Looking forward to returning to dive with Jason again in March, and to bringing along supporters of the National Marine Life Center to dive Tortougas with Jason for the 2009 Sea Turtle Expedition!!

- Rob

Hi rob this is from rob m from nova scotia, big j is the man for turtles.....it was nice diving with you guys..

Jason,

I really enjoyed the trip and diving with you. Diving with other scuba board divers really made the trip fantastic. A great group of divers!!! Thanks for the Southern Hospitality made me feel right at home. I will be back.

Doug

Jason,

I really enjoyed the trip and diving with you. Diving with other scuba board divers really made the trip fantastic. A great group of divers!!! Thanks for the Southern Hospitality made me feel right at home. I will be back.

Doug

Same here Doug! The "backup" plan of diving Dos Ojos on Wednesday turned out to be an amazing twist of fate (even if the longer day did incurr the mild wrath of our respective better halves)!! I was a little apprehensive about the roadside tacos that Klaus insisted we try om the way to the cenote - but they lived up to the hype and didn't "cost" me afterwards!!

Hope to see you back in Playa. But if you're hankerin' for a dive in New England, I can hook you up with a dry suit and show you where to find REAL lobsters!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom