Cinebag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1fspeed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Maybe an outlier but thought I'd share my experience with the Square Grouper XL which is a $180 camera bag that double as a rinse tank. It's an upgrade from the padded cooler I was using - expensive but with lots of pockets and good looks I splurged... I use it for local shore diving. Fresh water diving in N Minnesota so it's lives a pretty easy life going from my house to car and back. I love the size, the pockets - it's fits my Sony A7c/Nauticam, Inon Z330s or Kraken Solar Flare minis perfectly.

Couple months ago the top bungee anchors started to unravel. Then a pocket shock cord pulled out. I reached out to Cinebags via email twice - gave them a couple weeks as they had an update in progress banner on the site. No response, so messaged them via Instagram, twice. No response. They did respond to my third email, sent me a return auth form to fill out, and offered one of their kit bags for my inconvenience.

Emailed three times over a month to inquire about the repair, my third message got a "I'll check on it" reply. Bag came back with the top bungee anchors repaired but the pocket shock cord still torn out and no kit bag.

I still like the bag but anticipate future off season sewing to keep it functional

Attachments

• IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 46
Interestingly I have had similar experiences. I bought this same bag as a workhorse to carry most of my kit on a day to day basis. Almost immediately, the shoulder pads on the carry straps started coming off. I haven't reached out to them yet but I was surprised by how quickly things began unraveling. Maybe I'll send them an email.

Interestingly I have had similar experiences. I bought this same bag as a workhorse to carry most of my kit on a day to day basis. Almost immediately, the shoulder pads on the carry straps started coming off. I haven't reached out to them yet but I was surprised by how quickly things began unraveling. Maybe I'll send them an email.
Sorry to hear that - Once I finally got a reply from someone at Cinebag and sent my bag for repair, it took about a month to get it back. Good Luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom