Chuuk Truk Lagoon 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I came back from a Truk Lagoon Wreck dive trip last month and it has been a great wreck dive experience. I was there about 20 years ago and now dove some of the same wrecks with a different perspective on things. One, I was only diving for 3 days but got in 8 great dives (53 wrecks to choose): all full penetration with good backup air supply actually supplied and carried by my guide from Blue Lagoon Dive shop (first time I used them). They have all of the air/mixed gas supply for all levels of tech diving including rebreather support. Now that I have recent experience with the Blue Lagoon guide support, I was thinking about going back to some of the more interesting wrecks and doing exploratory penetration dives since the guides would only take you to the safer areas ( will not themselves go into deep deco since they have to perform multiple customer dives per day to make money). So to do the advanced penetration, you would leave the guides at the wreck entrance, set string/backup supplies, and penetrate. Some of the ships I would like to explore further is the Fujikawa engine room, Kiyosumi maru engine room, Fujikawa (has anyone penetrated - very deep), and San Francisco (also very deep)? I took my gopro with a tovatech light that blew out on me (never doing that again) but I just purchased a Kraken 3500 video light, so didn't get much good video footage but dove with a girl filming the wrecks if you want to see some footage: Let me know if you have any good dives there for advanced penetration dives?

Back
Top Bottom