Chris Elmore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

del_mo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Probably best known in diving for his cave diving exploits in Florida (Chris was a member of the Woodville Karst Plain Project (WKPP) team that explored, mapped and set a number of diving and distance records in the underwater caves of Florida), Chris passed away from brain cancer. He was just 54.

He was also the lead diver in the recover of a B-25 from Lake Murray in Columbia, SC a couple of years ago.

Those who knew Chris knew him as a one-of-a-kind person. Bright, energetic, quick to spar, but always with a smile. Anyone who came in contact with him came away as a friend.

I am flabbergasted. My wife and I knew Chris. I worked on disassembling that B-25C. I am away from home right now and learned about it on the web. I am quite speechless to learn of my friend's passing. This is a serious loss to our community.

Chris will be missed. I've had serveral phone conversations with him and occasionally bumped into him around here. Very sad to see him go so soon, so quick. Rest in peace, long dives with no deco.

David

Sorry to hear. Just heard of it today.

Back
Top Bottom