Choice of Fins for Maldive Channel Dives: Scubapro GO Travel Fins (Size xxs) or Aqualung Hot Spot with Booties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Becouse there is nothing intetesting to see beyond the entrance of the channel.
You want to stay there watching the big animals, who stay at the entrance.
If you leave the current to transport you downstream, the nice part of the dive is gone.

easy :
reef-hook-crochet-maldives.jpg

Exactly. In fact in my previouse message I described the usage of the "reef hook".
And also how my wife did often use it for catching and retrieving our customers, pulling them back on the edge of the channel entrance, when the current did rip them away.

I've done about 100 dives in Maldives with the Go Fin (size large though, so a bigger blade), they aren't the most powerful but current tricks like staying close to the reef and using the reef hook helped out. I personally like the bootie because it prevents blisters on the tops of toes, and a sock to prevent blisters at the back of my heel. Most of the dives we did, we'd drop upcurrent of where we wanted to be, get in and down as fast as we could, and hook in at the entry to the channel, stay at 100 ft until we were 1-2 mins from deco then unhook and go up along the reef to see what else we could see. Then SMB and Dhoni would come to get us. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom