chirtsmas diving?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amisha

Reaction score
England - but i seem to get around the globe a lot
hello,
i am a newly qualified BSAC sports diver, and I am planning on going travelling this chirstmas. I have 5 or 6 weeks. This will also be the first time i travel on my own.

at first i was going to go to roatan, and centra america, but i have been there before in the summer, and i was worried that going at this time, may ruin the image of paradise i have in my head from a few years ago.

so basically i am thinking a few things, maybe costa rica, brazil, argentina?!?!

i guess they are the main three,

i want to go somewhere that will probably be busy, so that i can meet a lot of people, and i also want to do 3 weeks diving.
any ideas? suggestions? - would be really welcome,
thank x

You'll be safer in costa Rica.

Regards,

Amisha:
hello,
i am a newly qualified BSAC sports diver, and I am planning on going travelling this chirstmas. I have 5 or 6 weeks. This will also be the first time i travel on my own.

at first i was going to go to roatan, and centra america, but i have been there before in the summer, and i was worried that going at this time, may ruin the image of paradise i have in my head from a few years ago.

so basically i am thinking a few things, maybe costa rica, brazil, argentina?!?!

i guess they are the main three,

i want to go somewhere that will probably be busy, so that i can meet a lot of people, and i also want to do 3 weeks diving.
any ideas? suggestions? - would be really welcome,
thank x

My daughter will be in Roatan, West End Village for a week of diving 21 Dec-28 Dec.

She wanted to go to San Andres, Colombia (actually off the cost of Nicaragua) but we are in a "you can't get there from here" situation. Unless we take a charter package that a specific hotel runs for specific dates (that don't coincide with my vacation from work) we have to fly to Bogota from Honduras and then on to San Andres. We live in Honduras. It's frustrating - costs me as much to go to nearby Caribbean Islands as it does to fly to NY!!

Sandi

DiversMom:
My daughter will be in Roatan, West End Village for a week of diving 21 Dec-28 Dec.

She wanted to go to San Andres, Colombia (actually off the cost of Nicaragua) but we are in a "you can't get there from here" situation. Unless we take a charter package that a specific hotel runs for specific dates (that don't coincide with my vacation from work) we have to fly to Bogota from Honduras and then on to San Andres. We live in Honduras. It's frustrating - costs me as much to go to nearby Caribbean Islands as it does to fly to NY!!

Sandi

Sandi,

You may wish to check direct flights from San Jose, Costa Rica. We've been checking into a trip to Providencia, and have to go thru San Andres. We have found some pretty inecpensive airfare form San Jose to San Andres. Check out west Caribbean Airways.....San Jose to San Andres.

Regards,

Cudabait:
Sandi,

You may wish to check direct flights from San Jose, Costa Rica. We've been checking into a trip to Providencia, and have to go thru San Andres. We have found some pretty inecpensive airfare form San Jose to San Andres. Check out west Caribbean Airways.....San Jose to San Andres.

Regards,

at a reasonable cost, with minimal plane changes in the region, and minimal hotel stays. I don't live in the US and airline travel within the region here can get absolutely stupid when it comes to price and number of plane changes, and having to overnight.

My SigOther just attempted to go to San Andres from San Pedro Sula. He spent a wonderful weekend of missing planes and missing luggage. He was stuck in San Jose with no luggage. The Islena flight to San Jose departed late and it caused him to miss the planes to the island. Islena did not load his luggage San Pedro Sula. TACA stuck him on a plane going back the next evening because he had a limited amount of time he could be away from home. I had to leave for Guatemala the following weekend and if he had stayed and waited for luggage/plane to island, he would not be home before I left. Impossible since there are 4 dogs that need to be cared for and I would have been gone 36 hours before he arrived home. The flight they put him on sent him through San Salvador before he finally got home. It took him two days to get home - the plane arrives in San Pedro after the last busses going through our town have left. So - another hotel stay. Oh....and they want to charge him for his weekend of hell in Central American airports because they screwed up.

We're not in any big hurry to go through this crap again. I'll stick to Roatan or utila where I can take the bus and ferry - handle my own luggage so it won't get left behind.

Back
Top Bottom