Childcare and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive my mrs. Don't we have a son who turned one today I work 40 plus hrs a week she is a full time college student. Last week I decided that we would go out on a charter and she could swim or sunbathe. Only issue is what to do with the boy? I opted to have a niece come watch him in our home. Ik u said you don't trust your local family to watch your kid but at this point in time I think your limited on either diving one at a time or finding a sitter that is trustworthy... my niece is 15 she has 4 younger siblings and has helped her mother with each one as they grew up so I had no reservations about letting her sit for the day....2 days no one afternoon / eve yea.

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

I traveled with young kids and I would always meet a housekeeper I liked (speak Spanish which helps) and hire them on the side. I was *not* comfortable with using the hotel list. I pick them vs they pick us works in your favor. You have to develop your intuition and gut feeling and know how to talk to people to see what they are about.

I will say that very often women who work as maids at hotels are honest hardworking exceptional women that like dealing with people and like children. In the USA there are probably rules that they cant but in most of the countries we were in, it was never an issue.

Have kids they said, it will be fun they said! So my wife and I had the same problem we took our OW and AOW in 93. Our first daughter was born in 2000 and twins in 2001. I will say the diving was put on hold for pretty much 10 years or so but now we have a dive team. My adopted son and his wife are going through the same thing now. We have tried the take turns diving thing. It is very hard with young ones that young for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom