Child bc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shawn b

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking for a childs bc for my 10 year old. We purchased a small bc, but after we used it the first time I noticed it did not fit properly. I know oceanic and zeagle both make a good junior bc and would like to find one pre owned. He is 80lbs and around 5ft I don't mind paying a fair price for the right Bc. Thank you

The best BC IMO is the ge tthem a Backplate/Wing. There are the best becuse you customize them and fit them to your child. It's not a speific size it's customized to them for their hieght/weight size.

Here is a link to another threaqd on Sb with some info:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...ystems/369999-bp-w-12-year-old-new-diver.html

Here is another link from The deco stop which has some pics of a few differnt kids in different BP/W setup definetly take a look at the photos to get a good idea.

The Deco Stop

This is absolutly best way to go. And from a money aspect its the most logical as you will not need to replace this BC as they get older simply would need to adjust the webbing or at worse case by new webbing which cost around 20.00

I think thats the way I'm going to go, Thank you!

your welcome, I am going to be having my daughter in the same once she is old enough.

Another vote for the BP/W... just bought one for my son (OK, he's 17 and six feet tall..!).

I think that they are better than jacket BC's for every type of diving, but they are certainly great for someone who is going to keep growing!

Mike

I have an extra small Seaquest Passport if you are interested.

Went with backplate and wing fits perfect will post pics for other users that are having same problem. Even got it in camo for him . Thanks for the tip 22Shady!

your welcome enjoy, Definetly post pics. Now all he need is some back-up lights, can light, an AL 30/40 pony bottle and scooter and he's set

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom