Chicago Diving Party

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I would like to setup a diving get together in the Chicago area sometime this summer. We can make a long weekend out of it and dive Lake Michigan (wreck diving O_RING), Haigh Quarry, and maybe a couple other sites in the area.

I'm talking diving the 1st part of the day and partying the 2nd half, maybe go out to dinner and then go out and drink/dance whatever.

This will a good chance for all of us to meet and I think Chicago is a great place, as people from the West and East coasts could come out also. It will be a Scubaboard get together.

Natasha might be able to help some people out.....possibly..she doesnt know im offering her services..hehehe

If I get some good feedback on it I will pursue this more and get something all setup.

What do you all think?

Jason

Sorry, going to have to exercise option #1 on this one...

Seriously though...what dates are you looking at? Maybe I can make it...sounds fun..

Chicago isn't too far for me.

Thats cool!

I figured people in Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Iowa, Illinois, and Tennessee could easily drive up for the weekend. Southwest has excellent fares right now to Midway for people who need to fly....let me look on a calender and get something picked out. That way some people can commit and then others will most likely follow and this could actually turn into a big event.

I'll post tentative dates later on tonight.

Jason

Why don't you have a get together at Our World Underwater somewhere?
Its coming up in April.
Caymaniac:eek:

They are planning a MI wreck diving trip but might be able to combine their trip with yours...

I know the dates are always the hardest part of planning any trip.
June is out for me, but July and August are open and the best time to dive here.
It's too cold in April. I will be @ Our World Underwater, but I don't think it's a good time to have this.

Is the July 4th weekend a good thing or bad?

Back
Top Bottom