Chemical Lights - Best Deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are usually available in your local dollar store. No real difference as they are filled with liquid and therefore withstand the pressures of diving.

Check these out. I do not have one, but dove with a group that did and the all liked them.Reusable Glow Sticks Made For Scuba Diving - Scuba Dive Light

Interesting. If I end up getting that, I'll let you know how it works out. The only downside I see is that it would have to be stored in open light. Otherwise it will be dead by sunrise and would need to start charging right away. It says it can be ready in seconds, but I doubt a few seconds will give it hours of charge.

Interesting. If I end up getting that, I'll let you know how it works out. The only downside I see is that it would have to be stored in open light. Otherwise it will be dead by sunrise and would need to start charging right away. It says it can be ready in seconds, but I doubt a few seconds will give it hours of charge.

so you didn't make the purchase? I just stumbled on the product and sent them some questions. I don't see why the Scooblite is priced higher than the UVGlostik. Is it just marketing? I looked at the UVGloMat and I can see wrapping my tank with that and not have a problem of someone seeing it from nearly any angle. I asked if you could cut the mat material without hindering the performance.

I have some glo-toobs, I have both the n cell and cr123. I use a scuba cap with the n model, and have yet to dive the cr123 model. I looked at the GITD tubes, they would only be of use with a no light situation. I use the fx model FWIW and I program a strobe. The cr123 models use a magnetic switch so I think I can use the cr123 with no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom