check out dive times

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My OW dives were 25 to 35 minutes long. all the skills were covered along with a short tour of the area.
when I became a dive master. these dives for the students stayed about the same. maybe some of them were 40 min. but for the instructors and DM's these same dives were an hour and 20 min long as we would break the class into two groups. :rolleyes:

Indscuba,

It was a long time ago and maintaining a dive log back in 1974 wasn't the big deal it is today.

But, as I recall, several of our 'open water checkout dives' were done in one of the deep springs in north Florida. I believe it was Troy Springs.

I remember completing the free ascents which were required, not simulated, back then. We usually finished our requirments then used up the rest of our air playing, practicing and exploring under the watchful eyes of our instructor Jim Hollis (Hollis' Scuba World in Orlando) and two divemasters.

However, I particularily remember as a reward for completing the requirements I got to use a demonstration model of the USD triple tank rig that Jaques Cousteau wore in his television series. The 90 cu foot setup was completely neutral, quite a contrast to our steel 72s.

Warren

Our open water check out dives laste approx 40 min a piece.
We went through our skills then just kinda explored with our instructor until one of us got to 500 psi. We were PADI certs, and kinda glad we were. Some friends of ours did a NAUI program in florida over a weekend and don't remember half the stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom