Cheapest Online shop for DUI ZipGloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

616fun

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have a great place to buy the DUI Zipgloves? I'm looking to keep my fingers a bit warmer this winter for the best price possible. I'm interested in the compressed neoprene version, but for the right price the blue or orange gloves would be fine.

If you are a DUI dealer and can make a deal on some of the biggest Zipgloves you have in stock shoot me a PM.

Brian,

I have a pair of DUI compressed neoprene gloves that I haven't dove yet. I get drysuit certified next month. I really like the feel of these gloves they are very comfortable and very thick; they do take away from dexterity but I've been told from divers that dive the pair the feeling comes back as you adjust in the water.

The compression on the gloves also help out. I personally was tired of the wet gloves that kill my dives on one hour adventures in Monterey. I would go to a local dive shop and try to first find your size they are hard to predict best fit.

That being said I would recommend you look at www.dolphinscuba.com and have them price match against any other competitor.

Best of luck,

Mike G

Hmmm...I would say get them from someone who tried them and hated them. The problem is once you put your suit on, your gloves are one with your and not removable. Makes it hard to do simple tasks that require dexterity. We will often wear our drysuits during our surface interval to keep warm too.

Instead what many people do is buy removable rings and gloves.
Viking Bayonet Dry Glove Ring Kits
495 GLOVE PVC BL REMOV LIN - Seattle Marine
This last way also lets you keep your wrist seal as a dam in case of a hole in the glove. Trust me it happens, as I have flooded more than a few times for reasons like holes and foreign objects in the sealing surface.

Anyone have a great place to buy the DUI Zipgloves? I'm looking to keep my fingers a bit warmer this winter for the best price possible. I'm interested in the compressed neoprene version, but for the right price the blue or orange gloves would be fine.

If you are a DUI dealer and can make a deal on some of the biggest Zipgloves you have in stock shoot me a PM.

From what I understand the margin/markup on DUI accessories is quite low. You'll not pay much more just buying them from your LDS where you can try them on, and assuming you already have zip seals perhaps could even take a pair for a test dive.

From what I understand the margin/markup on DUI accessories is quite low. You'll not pay much more just buying them from your LDS where you can try them on, and assuming you already have zip seals perhaps could even take a pair for a test dive.

That would be great, if a dive shop locally carried DUI. We lost the one DUI carrier in the area a little over a year ago.

I have the Orange gloves with liners that I could sell. I think the size is either Large or XL.. need to check tonight. I have used them once. Diving here in SoCal, I just have not needed to use them - only had to use them once in 49 degree water and they worked great. If interested, let me know. I like them, but as one poster noted, once they are on, they stay on until you get out... not really an issue for short surface intervals, but a bummer on long ones... I had not considered selling them, but since they just sit in vacuum bags and not get used.. why not..

PM me if interested. These are the "high dexterity" ones. I have had no issue holding my camera or pulling out the knife when needed. And my hands have stayed nice and cozy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom