Cheaper Drysuit undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the main problems with using a "above water" undergarment in a drysuit is that is not suited to the compression that you will subject it to. Most of those types of suits keep you warm with the loft of the fabric and layers. When compressed, will they work as well??

engdiver:
Thanks to all of you. Some good resources to check out.
I am a little confused between Thinsulate and PolarTec. Is one warmer or better then the other?

Weight to weight I'd say they feel the same to me, however get them wet and thinsulate will still keep you warm whereas you'll get cold with Polartec. Been there, got them both wet and have the T shirt. Thinsulate is the way to go IMO.

I second the cdsportswear.com opinion. Good price for a polartec suit thats designed well.

The SRP for DUI 300 Actionwear fleece is $178.00. What are you expecting to pay for something like this?
I don't know about you but I don't find that 'fairly expensive.' I find that downright cheap.:wink:

If you order it here, it's even cheaper!

Robert Phillips:
The SRP for DUI 300 Actionwear fleece is $178.00. What are you expecting to pay for something like this?
I don't know about you but I don't find that 'fairly expensive.' I find that downright cheap.:wink:

If you order it here, it's even cheaper!
Yes, That is much less then what I have seen before. I may just buy one of these.

Thanks

ABQdiver:
One of the main problems with using a "above water" undergarment in a drysuit is that is not suited to the compression that you will subject it to. Most of those types of suits keep you warm with the loft of the fabric and layers. When compressed, will they work as well??
A Polartec® "above water" and a Polartec® undergarment for diving are the same........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom