cheap video housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

partridge

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I finally bought a new handycam for the family so now I have our old Sony DCR-PC3E.

I am not really into photography or videography but want to give it a try. After looking at prices for housings on the internet, it doesnt seem feasible anymore.

I also have a Canon S45 with matching case from Canon. I was wondering if they now made these cheap cases for video also. Depth would be limited as well as controlable functions but so what? I found some universal cases but the video records the whole time.

Or do you know any housings under 500 USD?

Thanks

Good luck on finding something for that price. The tube type is probably about that price but I think that is what you refered to when you said it records all the time. For something better and at that price your best bet is going to be E-bay. Might check Backscatter they have a used gear section.

partridge:
I finally bought a new handycam for the family so now I have our old Sony DCR-PC3E.

I am not really into photography or videography but want to give it a try. After looking at prices for housings on the internet, it doesnt seem feasible anymore.

I also have a Canon S45 with matching case from Canon. I was wondering if they now made these cheap cases for video also. Depth would be limited as well as controlable functions but so what? I found some universal cases but the video records the whole time.

Thanks

I just bought an Aquatix housing they have a manual model that might do the trick for you and is in your price range www.aquatix.com

partridge:

Thanks

I would also try Ebay for a cheap housing... I have 1 question for you though... Does your camera have the little blue LAN-C Jack on the outside? This is the "remote control" input jack, and if you don't have that, the camera would have to be ON the whole time you were on a dive. While this is not the worst problem to deal with... it's something to think about.

I use a TRV-20 w/ a Sony TRB housing.

Thanks for the replies guys. Ill have to think about this. Dont want to buy a cheap one now and then go for an expensive one later.

I do have a remote for mine, if I can find it. I guess it is IR since I dont need cables for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom