Cheap Usb Charging Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asherlc

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know of any cheap dive lights (along these lines) that charges via USB? That sort of light looks more than adequate for my purposes, but I hate having specific chargers that take up space and inevitably get misplaced, when I have a USB charger/cables pretty much wherever I am.

They usually come with a single charger specifically for the 18650. 18650 batteries seem to be pretty common in scuba lights. I currently have a thread in this section requesting advice on the purchase of a multiple battery charger just so I don't have to carry several singles.

xtar vc4 while a specific charger, uses a usb cable to charge. A few other 18650 batteries do as well. I am unsure of any lights that actually charge via USB. Sealing those connectors is not easy

haven't heard of any sealed lights that have a usb connector on the casing for charging. the sealed lights like the sola use a custom usb cable to charge that is usb on one side to connect to a charger and a pin configuration on the other to actually connect to the light.

These lights charge via USB:
Highest quality and Cheap KINFIRE LED 900lm 2-Mode White Dimming USB Charging Diving Flashlight - Black (1 x 18650) on sale

haven't heard of any sealed lights that have a usb connector on the casing for charging. the sealed lights like the sola use a custom usb cable to charge that is usb on one side to connect to a charger and a pin configuration on the other to actually connect to the light.

The custom USB cable would be better than nothing -- much less space to carry a cable than a charger, and cheaper to replace if it gets lost.

the cables are like 30 dollars, not cheap lol

you also have to open up that light in order to charge it, not really any benefit compared to a xtar battery charger.

I trialed a Tovatec Sports Tac 2000 - and I thought it was a really great little budget light. It's usb rechargeable and/or replaceable battery. The focusable beam makes it great for a communication torch (i.e. in wrecks) and, in wide-angle, good for basic Go-Pro illumination. When I'm doing multiple dives, I normally just take a power-bank and top up the battery during surface interval.

Here's my review: Torch Review: Tovatec Sports Tec ST2000

I trialed a Tovatec Sports Tac 2000 - and I thought it was a really great little budget light. It's usb rechargeable and/or replaceable battery. The focusable beam makes it great for a communication torch (i.e. in wrecks) and, in wide-angle, good for basic Go-Pro illumination. When I'm doing multiple dives, I normally just take a power-bank and top up the battery during surface interval.

Here's my review: Torch Review: Tovatec Sports Tec ST2000

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom