Cheap trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's no such thing as a cheap trip to Bonaire

Join a local dive club?

Airfare to Bonaire seems to be quite pricey. I paid close to $1k for each of my two trips. I am going back in September but am using miles. However I had the cut the trip from 9 to 7 days as American is no longer offering Monday flights from Bonaire in September.

I stay in a small boutique hotel and get a rental car from them too and it is pretty reasonable and $1.5k total for the week.

Diving is pretty cheap as 32% is about $200 for the week and you can dive as much as you like. I think Bonaire can be done as a cheap trip and it provides great value with all the diving you can fit do.

When I was booking, scheduling a flight Wed. - Wed. instead of Sat. - Sat. gave big savings. Don't know whether that's still a thing, or whether the OP can get that time off from work, if necessary, but worth knowing.

When I was booking, scheduling a flight Wed. - Wed. instead of Sat. - Sat. gave big savings. Don't know whether that's still a thing, or whether the OP can get that time off from work, if necessary, but worth knowing.
Even putting one weekday in the flight plan helps a lot, we will do 10-11 day trips because saving $300 per ticket on 5 tickets covers the extra days in the VRBO and most of the extra days of diving.

Even putting one weekday in the flight plan helps a lot, we will do 10-11 day trips because saving $300 per ticket on 5 tickets covers the extra days in the VRBO and most of the extra days of diving.
I liked Curaçao, more things to do top side

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom