Cheap flight from Chicago Midway to Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Titletowndiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
If anyone from the midwest is looking for decent rates on flights to Coz for this summer, I just booked a direct flight from Chicago Midway to Coz in July for $299.99 via a Funjet Charter. I usually get a similar price but its usually flying into Cancun. This is MUCH better :) Check out www.funjet.com and click on the airfare only.

Kat:
Wow, thats a long drive from Green Bay to Chicago-Midway. Does it make it worth it?

I checked travelocity for flights from GB to Coz, they ranged from $1700-2800 with 2 stops. Same search on Expedia with results $800-2800 with 2 stops also. Total travel time w/ connecting flights generally ranges around 10 hours as opposed to 3½ via Funjet. So yes, Its definitely worth it! :thumb:

Kat:
Wow, thats a long drive from Green Bay to Chicago-Midway. Does it make it worth it?

hehe, as an ex-chicago native i always find it very humorous when chicagoans don't like to drive long distances. ironic in a sense if you ask me...

when i lived there i would commute to work from about 125th str south into downtown. this took, on average, about 1.5 hours to tavel less than 150 blocks.

now that i live out of the city, i can travel the 90 miles to visit my parents in less time than it took to drive those 125 blocks.

anyway, back on topic, how'd you get those prices? i couldn't get mine any cheapr than $584.

Titletowndiver:
If anyone from the midwest is looking for decent rates on flights to Coz for this summer, I just booked a direct flight from Chicago Midway to Coz in July for $299.99 via a Funjet Charter. I usually get a similar price but its usually flying into Cancun. This is MUCH better :) Check out www.funjet.com and click on the airfare only.

Hi,

What dates did you use to get the 299.99? I tried several dates and the best I could come with was 489.99 and it wasn't a direct flight (stopped in Cancun and blew the whole day flying...didn't get into Coz until well after dinner time). Let us know! Thanks! :bounce:

It is over 200 miles from G.B. to Chgo. - MDW. I was considering travel time (3.5 hrs.) as well as expense. Gas is almost $2.00 a gallon, hotel (& meals) if you come a day early, parking...it all adds up. But since it is so expensive to fly from G.B. it makes it cost effective.

hcs3,
It takes me 2 hours (& 1/2 a tank of gas) to get to MDW on a weekday. Only 40 min. on the weekend. I'm glad I don't go there very often!

Maybe Titletowndiver got a special sale price. They have special deals that change weekly. I think this week is Jamaica.

Went to the FJ web site, here are some prices I found:

All depart on Saturday, from MDW to CZM. It is non-stop.
3-6-04 $199.99
3-13-04 $239.99
3-20-04 $399.99
3-27-04 $399.99

Plus $81.13 in tax & $11.00 for 9-11 security fee.

What dates did you use to get the 299.99? I tried several dates and the best I could come with was 489.99 and it wasn't a direct flight (stopped in Cancun and blew the whole day flying...didn't get into Coz until well after dinner time)
All i did was go to the FJ site, Choose Airfare only, then I picked the option for both Chicago airports. I've found when searching for flights on the FJ page dont limit your search to any specific date, try and search for larger range starting a few days earlier.

It is over 200 miles from G.B. to Chgo. - MDW. I was considering travel time (3.5 hrs.) as well as expense. Gas is almost $2.00 a gallon, hotel (& meals) if you come a day early, parking...it all adds up.
I'm fortunate to have friends in the Milwaukee area that are always willing to put us up for a night. We usually end up spending the night there and getting a few hours sleep before heading south into the HORRIBLE CHICAGO HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION :blahblah: I've looked for hotels in the Midway area with the park-n-ride but was never able to find anything cheaper than $150/ night:( If you know of any places nearby, please share:)!

There are some inexpensive hotels in the area. I'm pretty sure their not the type you'd like to stay in. If you know what I mean.:yuck:

The drive from Milwaukee shouldn't be too bad. Being Sat. morning & all.
When are you planning on going?

Kat:
There are some inexpensive hotels in the area. I'm pretty sure their not the type you'd like to stay in. If you know what I mean.:yuck:
Umm no, Please explain :54: hehe
Kat:
The drive from Milwaukee shouldn't be too bad. Being Sat. morning & all.
When are you planning on going?
Unfortunately its not until July (guess i shouldn't complain since I got back). Last summer our flight left Midway at 10:30 am (we were staying in Mil). We woke up and hit the road at 6:00 am thinking we had plenty of time drive less about 90 miles and still have plenty of time. Boy was I wrong! We crossed the border and got as far as Gurnee and just stopped. We were averaging about 10ft every 3-5 minutes. Needless to say, we were VERY close to missing our flight. Lesson learned:)

Back
Top Bottom