Chattahoochee river diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DawgDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
A non-diving friend of mine was telling me about a program he saw on GPTV about an underwater historical exhibit for divers in the hooch.... anyone heard about this? I don't even know if people dive the hooch at all...

I often wondered that myself. The currents can be quite challenging and at least up here within a couple of miles of the dam it can go from placid to turbulent in a matter of minutes (I fly fish the Hooch so I have almost been caught a couple of times in high water/current as the dam lets down).

There's poop in the hooch!

You think Lanier is bad? Aren't the e. coli levels in the Hood a tad high to want to swim in it?

Flightlead:
There's poop in the hooch!

You think Lanier is bad? Aren't the e. coli levels in the Hood a tad high to want to swim in it?

Sometimes the levels are too high:

http://ga2.er.usgs.gov/bacteria/default.cfm

But "too high" is of course subjective, there is always a chance of getting sick.

As long as you are upstream of Atlanta it usually isn't too bad.

From what I remember from living in Columbus a few years ago, no one would go near the water in the 'Hooch down there.. What part of it was listed in the TV show?

We have some historical folks around here in Mid Ga that dive the Ocmulgee for "artifacts." Serious zero viz diving.

Back
Top Bottom