Charter Boats ?? in Pasco/Pinellas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bruce119

Registered
Reaction score
I live in Holiday and looking for some charters to go out on.

I been out on the Narcosis with my spear gun got a couple of sheepys, I know there's been some negative things said about that boat but you need to get the whole story. Any way I had a good time and the crew was good took pretty good care of you.

Other than that I don't know much else I heard about the Plunger. They said they want a "year experience spearing first" I'm not quite there yet. But I am I am competent & comfortable in the water.

I'm fairly new to spearing and would like to spear. Also the middle grounds rite now are a little far for me. I'm OW cert. and working on my Advanced starting with Deep Dive.

I like the idea out early in early like the Narcosis. I also avoid the weekends because I can.

Thanks
Bruce

Yeah, I'm interested in hearing that one myself (and no, I'm not affiliated)

Get your AOW and a good computer and the middle grounds are a go. Everytime I went out on a local spearfishing charter (head boat) the divers jumped in and zipped around so much in such a frenzy that the fish hauled butt.

If you want some good information on diving/spearfishing/middle grounds contact Capt. Chad Carney. He has his own web site and is here on the board.

Wile researching all the boats in the area. I came across some threads about the Narcosis. You can do a search on Spear Board I'm sure you'll find them.

Charters "Head Boats" are just what I'm looking for rite now they serve my porpoise of getting more experience. I was looking for spear friendly boats

And I been out on the Narcosis I know they run the same spots all the time but that's fine. Most people on the boat don't spear I was the only one that day. I had no problems with the crew and the way they ran the boat. I would go out with them again.

I know charters get a little, more like a lot, expensive but till I get my advanced and I'm getting my computer today. It will take a little time to play with some of the big boys that go out to deep water.

And thanks for mentioning Capt. Chad I did not have him on my list I will email him and see what he says.

Bruce

bruce119:
I been out on the Narcosis with my spear gun got a couple of sheepys, I know there's been some negative things said about that boat but you need to get the whole story.

What I have heard is about the way they take over a spot and push the little boats off the site and run up on boats with a flag out, being a little boat owner (22') that bothers me to hear.
Like I said thats what I've heard, I don't know this for sure, only read it here, I have never been out with them nor do I know any one that has.
This is NOT my opinion and NOT a fact...
So thats what I thought you where going to talk about. :coffee:

GulfCostdiver:
What I have heard is about the way they take over a spot and push the little boats off the site and run up on boats with a flag out, being a little boat owner (22') that bothers me to hear.

That's what I heard too That's all I know about them "Narcosis". What I do know is that I have been out with them on a Friday and had a good dive. For me it was OK I would go out with them again. I imagine on the week ends it gets crowed out there. I would not go out on the week end if I don't have too.

GulfCostdiver:
So thats what I thought you where going to talk about. :coffee:

That's not really what I want to talk about. I'm really looking for a boat to get out on. I like early out early in. I like to do some spearing. I'm only OW just got my computer today Cochran EMC-14:D . So I'm not ready to do deep yet under 60ft.

Bruce

ONLY an EMC-14.....nice.....so my Commander 2 blend nitrox is out dated and discontinued.

The best I can suggest for this area and what you want to do is www.reeftours.com.

There may be more but thats all I have.

Cochran EMC-14 - One mix Nitrox... ooooo... too bad. For just a bit more, you can have a computer with today's multi-level diver in mind...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom