Chariot of Fire - Fire Urchins with Coleman Shrimps, Zebra Crabs & Urchin Crabs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubblevision

Contributor
Reaction score
Not quite sure what happened here... Wanted to try something different and it turned into this pompous piece.

Coleman shrimps (Periclimenes colemani), urchin shrimps (Allopontonia brockii), and zebra crabs (Zebrida adamsii) live and travel on fire urchins (Asthenosoma varium) in Anilao, Philippines.

Shot with my Panasonic GH4 in a Nauticam NA-GH4 housing. I used an Olympus M.Zuiko ED 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 EZ lens and 60mm f2.8 macro lens.

Err... feedback welcome... I think... :fear:

Holey moley B.Vision, that was a kick. You sure nailed it for "something different" alright! I'm heading out to use my E-M5 for the first time in May and was looking to see how well the camera does in video uw. I don't expect to hit this quality level right off, if ever, (you were using a camera support of some kind?) but sheesh, this looked great. I was impressed to see you stick with Fire Urchins throughout and do such an interesting job. Solid post-production work and editing, hope no body flames you for it! (Sorry, couldn't resist...:eyebrow:) Thanks. // ww

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicely done!!!!

BViz--Well good, hate to think anyone would be so rock solid just floating around out there. I've spent enough time shooting macro stills on Fire urchins that I've seen the things your video showed but never with such a sense of what was going on; the interactions and the movements. It's rare for most divers to really explore one subject like that, let alone with the detail provided. What the heck, more flames! Thanks again. // ww

Back
Top Bottom