Changing Wetsuits Between Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi:
Doing that many dives a day, once you start losing body heat you won't be able to regain it. Start out with whatever is going to keep you warm.

That is what I prefer, and point taken. I was just looking at options. I was worried the 7mm would be to heavy in the beginning. I have thought about taking my drysuit with minimum undergarments but I would prefer it wasn't damaged by the luggage handlers. I still think that the 3mm with a shorty over it would be best. That should be more than enough and a cheaper solution than a brand new suit. When I dive in the tanks at the zoo, most of them are around 70 to 75 and I do well in the 3mm for a couple long dives, though I am coming back up into a heated environment, not back onto an open boat. Just have to remember to bring a polar fleece pullover for in between dives.

I too have a similar question. My last liveaboard I was diving 5 dives/day in 79 water in December. I wore a BARE 5/4 with a 1mm hooded vest and I still got chilled by the late afternoon and night dives. So, would the BARE 3mm vest with 7mm hood added to the 5/4 fullsuit be noticably warmer than the 1mm vest and hood for my lliveaboard diving in March - again probaly temps in the upper 70s, 5 dives a day.

Another point I found about the chill factor is during your SI, warm your core by drinking warm/hot liquid such as herbal tea or gatoraide. I drank lots of herbal tea with honey and lemon between dives when I was getting cold and it seemed to help.

What liveaboard are you doing? I'm doing a liveaboard that week too - the CE1 in the Bahamas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom