Changing the battery - Removing the SPG from the Console Veo 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
I have a recently purchased Veo 2.0 and Im trying to figure out how to remove the SPG from the console so I can replace the battery. Im suppose to be going diving twomorrow on a already charted boat so Im a little anxious. Are there any videos of this as I respond better to sight then written words but I will take anything I can get.

My second issue is I have only used the SPG for a total of 3 30mins dives and 1 60min dive and the battery already went dead. Is that average? Seems a little short when the manual tells me "100 Dive hours if 1 hour diver per day up to 300 dive hours per day if 3 1 hour dives per day". :shakehead:

I assume you mean the computer module - the SPG is your pressure gauge and it doesn't have a battery. It looks like there's 2 different console styles for the 2.0 depending on whether you have the compass or not. Either way the computer module needs to be removed from the boot. When I had a Veo 250 I found that prying it out with two butter knives worked pretty well (even though the manual says not to) - just have to be reasonably gentle

page 92 of your manual give the oceanic instructions for boot removal

Here if you don't have it: http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/us/media/wysiwyg/manuals/12-5204-r02_Eng.pdf

You are correct. Seems I spoke before :coffee: this morning.

I tend to man handle stuff and break it when its delicate so I was looking for some best laid plans. Will give it a try.

thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom