Changing out ATOMIC B2 hose for shorter one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love the 5 foot hose, and agree that one wouldn't need the 7 foot unless cave diving. The 5 footer stows nicely, stays out of the way, and seems to help alleviate some of the pull on mouth that I've had with the short hoses, making my jaw feel better. Combined with the swivel on B2, it's a very comfortable set up that gives more options for OOA handling.

ok...don't laugh now....:p

so this 5' hose wraps around your neck twice and into your mouth?

I've heard from a few people that the atomic reg doesn't fit perfectly with these hoses...like...male threads exposed after installation....etc, and that I might have to get it custom fitted...anyone else hear about this?

You need to get the 5' hose from Atomic. You can adapt standard LP hoses but it's not optimal because you have to start messing with the fitting.

That said, the best way (IMHO) to route a 5' hose on the B2 is to go into the "bottom" port as you've alreay done. Depending on you're tank and whether you have din or yoke, you may need to angle the 1st stage to around 45 degrees to avoid any stress on the fitting. Then route the hose under your right arm, then diagonally across your chest up toward your left shoulder, behind / around your neck (once) and into your mouth.

Depending on your rig, the 5' can be a little snug so keep things tidy and clean. Jacket BC's are generally bigger will take up more slack than a BP/W so an inch here or there will make a difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom