Changes at Lake Pleasant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

booth22

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Spoke with the County Parks people today while discussing our upcoming rescue class and was notified that due to concerns about divers being too close to boats and other water crafts as well as improper float/flag usage the folks at Maricopa County are going to restrict diving to a cove to the south and slightly east of Desert Tortoise Road. :11: The woman said the dive area would be roped off from shore to "protect divers" and she wasn't sure how large the area was, depth, or pretty much anything else I asked her.

She did say the change will be taking place starting this weekend and folks coming to the lake will be notified of the restriction on the receipt when you pay the entrance fee as well as the various sign boards on around the lake. The lady I spoke with said word would also likely be sent to the local shops in the hopes they would educate divers as well. It's not known if this affects the east side of the lake as well :confused:

Wow!

I can understand their concerns, but to restrict diving to only one cove is pretty aggressive.

I am certainly not against the idea of a small area designated as a "protected area" but i have issues with being herded into only one cove.

Maybe the Park should start enforcing dive flag violations and/or start citing boaters that ignore them.

Education for boaters?

Will this only apply to shore divers? Can I dive from my boat? What about the folks at Diver down?

Waiting..... Listening.... Reading..
Jeff

Kris,

We gotta talk about your "sense" of humor. You got me...again. The sad thing is that it could happen.

Yup, got me on that one to - of course.... theres "plenty" of things that can be said about the ignorance of boaters also. (For some reason, I have this uncanny urge to take two litre bottles with me to about 30 feet, fill them with air, cap them, and then release while there above me.... don't know why.... but I do...)

Yup, got me on that one to - of course.... theres "plenty" of things that can be said about the ignorance of boaters also. (For some reason, I have this uncanny urge to take two litre bottles with me to about 30 feet, fill them with air, cap them, and then release while there above me.... don't know why.... but I do...)
Wow do I like that idea.Kind of a inverse depth charge. How about knocking the valves off old full pony bottles aimed at the hulls. Torpedo away!!!

Kris,

We gotta talk about your "sense" of humor. You got me...again. The sad thing is that it could happen.

Ok, no more till next April... :eyebrow:

At least not in this thread....you had me believing it for about 30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom