Change Dive Shop / Instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not every instructor has the answer to everything, and most will not divulge anything more until you sign up for the course. Once I establish this type of mentality I move on.

How would you know when you don't hold a dive certification and have never taken a course?

Not every instructor has the answer to everything, and most will not divulge anything more until you sign up for the course. Once I establish this type of mentality I move on.
Who said that he needs to answer everything?

IF you had read what I wrote before commenting, you would see that for me, the personal relationship and comfort level rate very high. Scuba Diving is supposed to be fun so the courses should be very fun also. This depends to a high degree on the instructor and his ability to transmit information in a nice, relaxed way and with a great smile on his / her face.

Like with every job, there are nice professionals with beautiful behavior and attitude and lousy professionals that behave like US Navy trainers during hell week (there are also brad professionals with good behavior and good professionals with bad behavior but lets keep it 'simple'). I don't expect an OWD prospect to discern the knowledge level of the instructor but he / she will probably be able to judge if the individual he is trusting with his life is a good person and / or has a nice character.

As I said, I value personal relationships and even when I was actively assisting classes, the majority of the people we certified remained my friends or at least we kept touch in a friendly manner. Changing the instructor you know and trust without any real reason and hopping to find someone better is like gambling, no warranties.

personal relationship and comfort level rate very high
I'm not interested in establishing a relationship with any instructor; I'm only interested in whether they are capable of guiding the dive whatever it might be. Insecure people prefer familiar faces.

I'm not interested in establishing a relationship with any instructor; I'm only interested in whether they are capable of guiding the dive whatever it might be. Insecure people prefer familiar faces.

What nonsense you post. Several of the people I have become friends with a dive with are instructors I did courses with.
I'm going to Bali in September with an instructor who I have not done courses with but we became good friends are we met diving in Asia. Last time he went to Bali alone and although he enjoyed the dives wished he had a friend along. Then I'm going to Bohol in October to dive with another familiar face who I met diving several years ago.

Then in December I am going to Moalboal to do my TDI ANDP with another familiar face. None of us are insecure.

What nonsense you post. Several of the people I have become friends with a dive with are instructors I did courses with.
I'm going to Bali in September with an instructor who I have not done courses with but we became good friends are we met diving in Asia. Last time he went to Bali alone and although he enjoyed the dives wished he had a friend along. Then I'm going to Bohol in October to dive with another familiar face who I met diving several years ago.

Then in December I am going to Moalboal to do my TDI ANDP with another familiar face. None of us are insecure.
Machines don't care about human interaction or feelings.

Mods have said it's not a machine. Confirmed to be an actual person we is told.

A person who is like a machine that doesn't care about human interaction or feelings???

(It wasn't confirmed, they just "think" there is more chance of being a person than a machine).

By the way you talk you must be very lonely :(

I believe that's a reaction to your own insecurities... perhaps you got rejected too many times for your 'party cracker' personality?

Attachments

• the-muppets-balcony-muppets.gif
    the-muppets-balcony-muppets.gif
    66.5 KB · Views: 40
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom