Chamber dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gliders fly really well, so do toy parachutes. The cup will compress.

Twinkies?

I work at a Hyperbaric Facility and have had to test it to 165' numerous time.

1. Styrofoam cup - see what happens to it after the dive

2. Fill a 12 oz. bottle with water, put a small test tube upside down in it so it traps a bubble in it and then seal it. See what happens to the test tube.

3. Blown up balloon and a ballon to blow up at 50m.

Try not to laugh when your hear people talk at 50 m.

I would assuem you will be dressed with the facilities clothing, if not dress as comfortable as you can. They should ahve blankets for you for your cold ascent. Most of the people who have been in our chamber during the deep tests have complained about the heat more than the cold.

Have fun, and make sure you tip the Chamber operator, they control your life while you are in there:eyebrow:

Jim

Wish I would know someone in NC that could get me a chamber ride. Would love to experience it.

Can you take a dive computer? Just a question I would ask. It would be cool to see the readings.

Can you take a dive computer? Just a question I would ask. It would be cool to see the readings.

That's certainly a must! My VT3 showed 50,1m, whereas the Geo was a good 2m off at the target depth of 50m.

Two weeks from now I'm going to go again, and looking forward to that! :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom