Chamber dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jan Kruger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been invited by some diving friends to join a chamber dive to a pressure equivalent to depth of 50 metres.Apparently the affects of narcs will be experienced and everyone seems very positive to join this chamber dive.My questions are :
1) Any advice on how you were affected by the narcosis.
2) Did you enjoy the experience.
3) Did you feel claustrophobic at all.
4 ) Did you log the dive.

:confused:

Its a chamber dive, who cares how you feel?
Unless you have claustrophobic issues go for it. Better to experience deep narcosis in controlled chamber conditions than in 50 meters of water. Most likely you and your friends will have stories to tell of wackiness.

As for logging, yes, its a dive, and if you plan on doing diving 24 hours before or after the dive you need to take that into account in your dive planning.

I've never done one (would like to), but no: I wouldn't log it.

Sure, keep track of the inert gas loading, but sitting in a dry chamber doesn't exercise any of the metal and physical skills I use while diving.

I have been invited by some diving friends to join a chamber dive to a pressure equivalent to depth of 50 metres.Apparently the affects of narcs will be experienced and everyone seems very positive to join this chamber dive.My questions are :
1) Any advice on how you were affected by the narcosis.
2) Did you enjoy the experience.
3) Did you feel claustrophobic at all.
4 ) Did you log the dive.

:confused:

1. The narcosis can be a great deal of fun since you don't have to stay under control to stay alive.
  2. Yes, it is quite enjoyable. Be sure you take a styrofoam cup and a paper airplane in with you.
  3. I'm not especially claustrophobic to begin with.
  4. I log all pressure exposures.

Thank you for the comments so far. I feel much better about it already and look forward to it.
Will inform you about how it went & make sure i take some pictures as well.

Yeah, give the cup to your buddy at 50 meters and tell them they can hear the ocean in it if they hold it to there ear :wink:

Simple things amuse simply minds that are narced.

you won't be able to take a video camera inside but have someone video you through any portholes

Dress lightly, it get hot in there as it compresses. It's a lot like being inside a scuba tank while it is being filled. :)

Actually, dress warmer
Yes it gets hot as they compress, but that phase goes by quick. You will freeze your but off during the longer accent.

Paper Airplane?
More air molecules?
Thud?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom