Cetacean Hot Zone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lock_washer

Contributor
Reaction score
I been hearing about an area of the Philippines that is becoming a "Cetacean Hot Zone". An area where a lot of unique whales, dolphins and porpoises are showing up. Does anyone know of this area? Has anyone dove with these cetaceans?

Thanks,

Lock Washer

sorsogon. diving is prohibited there.
generally this year a lot of unusual sitings in Philippine waters. sun fish in puerto galera, thresher shark in bahura anilao, eagle ray in mainit anilao. I bet if people dove often in the verde passage a lot more unusual sitings would have been reported. That area is said to have the highest concentration of marine biodiversity.

That was a hippo, you muppet!

my bad :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

see! we have albino hippos near verde island...that's biodiversity for ya (and he has a housed dslr) :rofl3:

btw, i swear (on the hippie pommies life of course) that i saw a mola mola while doing my safety stop at bahura, anilao december 2005. it was 15ft in front of me.

how in heaven's name can you mistake a dolphin from a hippo??? :lol:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom