Certification in Portland, OR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redsky

New
Reaction score
Hi...I've just made Portland my home, and am trying to choose where to be certified. So far I've checked out Aquatic Sports...any other recommendations?

My goal is to do enough diving between now and next spring to be comfortable drift diving with gigantic rays in the Revillagigedo Islands off Baja.

Thanks for any guidance!

redsky:
Hi...I've just made Portland my home, and am trying to choose where to be certified. So far I've checked out Aquatic Sports...any other recommendations?

My goal is to do enough diving between now and next spring to be comfortable drift diving with gigantic rays in the Revillagigedo Islands off Baja.

Thanks for any guidance!

Check out http://www.sevenseasscuba.com/. An instructor there named Nicolle Pratt is on this board under the name "Dive_Girl PNW".

WileEDiver:
Check out http://www.sevenseasscuba.com/. An instructor there named Nicolle Pratt is on this board under the name "Dive_Girl PNW".
I second that endorsment. Nicolle is a really nice person and a very thorough instuctor. I am sure you will enjoy her instruction as well as her extensive knowledge of the inhabitants of the ocean.

Try Under Water Works in Tigard, OR (503 620-6993)
Cant' go wrong with these guys.
Good luck.

PS: Former Oregonian

I'll also endorse Nicolle Pratt. I've dived with some of her former students ... and based on that I think she does an excellent job of turning out well-educated divers.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You guys are correct about Nicole. She is excellent. I took a tides class from her. She knows her stuff. The only other person in Portland I would recommend is Keri Whitlow I have dove with him and he is excellent. I even had him do my sons Advance Cert. You can't go wrong with either instructors.

Thanks for all the help! I'll contact Nicolle...and while I'm at it, I'll tell her about all the endorsements she's receiving on this board! Hope to meet some of you soon once I get my documentation out of the way...

Back
Top Bottom