Cert dives what a PITA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So it would be good if everybody knew how to convert from bar to psi. I was sure Crowley knew, but in the New Divers forum, others might not.

My "so" was that even if we take higher number it is still some time before it empties.

I know the conversion factor but it is ok :)

Let me clarify a little, it wasn't a hose, it was the o-ring where you screw your regulator to the tank, the metal piece that you don't crank down on, it was that o-ring.

I could be wrong, it might have taken longer than I thought, it was only my third time in open water, he could have even shut off his tank when he took my octo but I'm not convinced that a tank takes several minutes to drain if you were just to open it all the way up with nothing connected.

I'm sure I'm missing something

If your BCD is stuck inflating like that in the futre just disconnect the hose and inflate your BCD orally as needed. I've done quite a few dives without one even attached for various reasons (hp hose rupture on gf's reg in Cozumel, the dive op's spare didn't fit her AIR2 so i gave her my reg and used their spare reg myself and another few dives as DM candidate/class laborer an AOW student personal reg didn't fit AIR2 so I gave up mine). It's generally not an issue if you're properly weighted b/c you shouldn't have to add much air to your BCD.

And I thought I had a bad weekend when the DiveMaster Candidate (with a grand total of 19 dives) lost his buddy! Read what you want into that statement but it is true.

IIRC...
OW 5
AOW 5
Rescue 4
plus just a handful of dives that could have been internship dives, or not

Wonder if that's one of those zero to hero courses I've read people on this board complain about heh :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom