Central Tour - Liveaboard (Eco Pro Divers)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m_BK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Welcome to my first ever liveaboard diving safari. Therefore I choose the maldives basic tour around the central atolls. Even if this is a very popular route we were mostly alone at the dive spots. And it’s true - it’s a best of maldives collection in one week. We had a lot of mantas, underwater life and in this first episode my first ever whale shark.

we crossed following atolls with their spots:

North Male Atoll - lankan reef / North Ari Atoll - Kan thila, fesdhoo bay, fesdhoo wreck, maaya thila, fish head, moosfushi rock / South Ari Atoll - maamigili beyru, dhigu thila

After the whale shark encounters in the first part of the trip, we also start the second part in the South Ari Atoll and continue the trip across the eastern atolls until we arrive in Male. On our way we visit the blooming Kuda Rah Thila and undertake the famous night dive with the nurse sharks around Alimatha. Shortly before Male we meet some sharks at Kandooma Thila before we let the trip end on the already well-known Lankan Reef.

The following spots were dived:

South Ari Atoll
Dhigu Thila, Kuda Rah Thila

Vaavu Atoll
Kunavashi Kandu, Alimatha Jetty, Miyaru Kandu

South Male Atoll
Kandooma Thila

North Male Atoll
Lankan Reef, Maagiri Reef, Fish Tank

Back
Top Bottom