Central American/Caribbean diving for beginner?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grey--

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I’ve been planning a trip for this July. It’ll be my 12 year old niece’s first dives, she’ll be completing her open water certification checkout dives. I’m hoping that we can show her some of the wildlife wonderment that comes with diving.

Originally I wanted to go to Costa Rica for the family trip(not just diving), but the Pacific side diving looks a little advanced for one’s first time out. Happy to be persuaded otherwise.

Due to the extended family nature of the trip, I don’t think it’s fair to the non-divers to make the whole thing about diving. Bonaire sounds like fantastic diving, but not sure about there being much else for the 6 non divers. So…

Anyone have thoughts of some places where we can do reefs and wildlife without liveaboards, and with a little land adventure?

Thanks!!

It doesn't have to be that advanced, but you don't get the reef teeming with colourful fishes at 30'. Bonaire has kiting and windsurfing and that's about it. There is a little more to do on Curacao than Bonaire -- it's a bigger island -- but not that much more. So yeah: CR is a better option for anyone except your niece.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom