Censored Smilie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MtnDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
This is kind of funny actually.

Was posting a thread a little bit ago and looked through the smilies to pick an appropriate one for my post. Decided on one that is represented by : w t f : (without the spaces) and it showed up in my post as :***: instead of the smilie.

Might want to rename that one or have the censor ignore things in smilie tags (enclosed in colons).

Just an interesting observation....

Wow, that censor software is powerful!

It's easy...

w-t-f.gif

Ok, maybe it's just a bit technical. :D

1. Save the picture you want to use. Be sure to give it a name that will not be censored.
2. Store it somewhere on the internet where you can be sure it will remain there as long as you want it. Your homepage for instance.
3. Link to it using the
statement.

El Orans:
It's easy...

w-t-f.gif

Ok, maybe it's just a bit technical. :D

1. Save the picture you want to use. Be sure to give it a name that will not be censored.
2. Store it somewhere on the internet where you can be sure it will remain there as long as you want it. Your homepage for instance.
3. Link to it using the
statement.
:censored: This fellow is devious - I like that in a guy. :D ***

Too bad posting it El Orans's way will cost you in hosting bandwidth every time somebody from Scubaboard views that post.

MtnDiver:
Too bad posting it El Orans's way will cost you in hosting bandwidth every time somebody from Scubaboard views that post.

Smilies are about a quarter of a KB. If you're really worried, don't host it on your own site.

Best approach, though, would be SB changing the offending smilie's name.

Please don't doom the poor smiley to censorship. He is gentle, kind, and loving. Someone has to stand up for him. He is only a smiley. Let's start a petition and save the poor guy :jk: Had to break up the monotony of my day.

Missdirected:
Please don't doom the poor smiley to censorship. He is gentle, kind, and loving. Someone has to stand up for him. He is only a smiley. Let's start a petition and save the poor guy :jk: Had to break up the monotony of my day.
No worries, he will be put into the Smiley Protection Program...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom