Cenotes and Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I was thinking about getting a full 3mm suit for protection purposes in any case but might think about the vest idea.

Whatever, it will be warmer than the 11 degrees celsius (52 F) I was diving in today in 4 mm hyper compressed neoprene!

We go to Mexico 2-3 times each year. And every trip we dive the cenotes at least 2x. Usually Dos Ojos. The water EVERY time is 75 degrees F. I dive a 3/2 full and I am fine. My buddy uses a 3/2 shortie and is fine. There are snorkellers there in the same water with just swim trunks on. So your 3/2 shortie should work just fine. If you do dive Dos Ojos, they have wetsuits there for rental. So if you get there and want to rent some, they are cheap. They also have a box of well used and worn wetsuits for sale during our last visit. They were $10. So rather than buy or lug extra protection down with you, spend $5-10 on a rental of a heavier suit for the 1 dive. But unless you are doing multiple repetitive dives, a 3/2 shortie should be fine for the 1 or 2 tank dive you will do. On the other hand, I have some extra insulation too! I strongly recommend bringing a bug repellent and apply it about 10 minutes before you arrive the cenote. It takes a few minutes to take effect. Good luck.

I agree with 7mm,
You still have another option. If you don't care, most shops will provide you with a rented suit. You might want to take with you a dive sking as an undergarment tough.

Ga Diver once bubbled...
here goes dummy again. Can someone tell me what or shere "cenotes" is?

Cenotes (say-NOH-tays) are the sinkholes of the Yucatan peninsula, the surface entry to where water has eroded the limestone earth creating beautiful cave systems.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom