Cenotes and Cozumel combo diving ops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We go to Cozumel and Akumal a couple times a year. Our Dec trip is usually split between both places. Cozumel first for 4 days of diving. We've never had a problem arranging a late check out so we can get in 2 am dives, shower, pack and get a 3 or 4pm ferry. Then we head to Akumal for 5 nights. We do a few days of ocean dives which are very laid back and easy, and totally different then Cozumel. We also do a day or two of cenotes. In Cozumel we try different places to stay and I haven't found one so far that I love so much that I can't stay anywhere else. We dive with Living Underwater and have always had a great time. (Jeremy will allow non-divers at no charge if there's room on the boat). In Akumal we rent a condo at Vista del Mar and do our ocean dives with Akumal Dive Adventures. The best cenote experience we've had was with Dennis from Diablo Divers.

Akumal is a good location if you want to do day trips to ruins like Tulum and Coba. There are also lots of other places to go close by. And of course, you're only about a 25 minutes from Playa del Carmen if Akumal gets too quiet for you. If you're going before Christmas it is pretty quiet.

Depends on where you want to do you ocean dives. If you want to dive in and around Cozumel Island choose a shop ON the island and find a shop on the Maya for cenotes.

Did Cenotes today with Cenotes dive center. Our DM was awsome, the other sorta got his toes steped on when he told me how much weight I would need and I wanted a little more. I was right in the end. I have dove once or twice before but Im sure he gets lots of vacation only divers there. All around a good operation. Did Grand Cenote and Temple of Doom.
For the Coz side I have to recomend Sea Urchin Divers. Awsome crew on a 27 foot Panga that we had all to our selves for three days. DM watches you and as soon as he knows your not an idiot, he stays back 20 to 30 feet and just points out critters once in a while, never bugging you....

hubby and i dove a cenote in november....our first time. enjoyed it very much. dove with Hidden Worlds. nice people. no problems, had a great divemaster. their website is www.hiddenworlds.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom