Cenote Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

islandguy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be in Akumal and PDC in July and want to do some cenote dives. Which cenotes and dive shops would you recommend? Has anyone done Hidden Worlds?

Thanks
Islandguy

I agree with the opinion about Diablo, but Hidden Worlds is also good. I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Have a good trip!

I've only dived with Hidden Worlds, what an experience...........awesome.

Island Guy,

Be sure to get your buoyancy dialed in before heading to the cenotes, you will have more fun. I usually wait till the last couple of days before heading to the cenotes, first it is fresh water for the most part unless you are in a halocline (fresh water on top of salt water). So you get your gear rinsed pretty well by just diving. Second it saddens me to see people bouncing off the walls who haven't figured out their buoyancy. Have a great time, I'm jealous.

I'm glad someone mentioned bouyancy skills,I'll also throw in be familiar with your equipment.

I spent 2 of my last 4 cenote dives scaping people off stalagtites as they floated to the ceiling,no fun for anyone not to mention dangerous and destructive.

Cenote diving is very cool and very easy (with the proper guidance of a certified cave diver). And if you do them towards the end of your salt water diving, you do get a good gear rinsing. Have fun.

I'm so jealous, I cant wait to get back down there....

Bouyancy skills are the biggest thing that people seem to forget when they go down there.... work on these even in a pool before you head down!!

Have a great time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom